Thursday, October 6, 2011

Definition of love

What comes to your mind when you think of love? Maybe you think of your parents, how they provide for you and teach you. Maybe you're thinking of your knight in shining armor, your true love, on bended knee with a proposal. {<3} Or, maybe you even think of Jesus. The only one who will love you forever, the one who loves you now and is pursuing you. The one who died so that you could live. All because of love.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Webster dictionary says this about love:

a : unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another: as (1) : the fatherly concern of God for humankind (2) : brotherly concern for others b :a person's adoration  of God. (3)Affection and tenderness felt by lovers.
But I've found a much better definition of LOVE and I think y'all have heard it or read it before. :)
   
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

 Love never fails. ~1 Corinthians 13:4-8 {NIV}

Don't you just love {no pun intended!} reading that? It's so...sweet. I don't know about you, but sometimes when I read these verses {as well as the entire chapter} I replace the word love with Jesus. When you get done reading this, please go and read the whole chapter of 1 Corinthians 13. It's a really good chapter :)
I'll come back to these verses some day and write a more in depth post about 'em. But for now, I'll just leave you with this. :)
                                           It goes along with those ^ verses up there as well as
                                           And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
                                                      But the greatest of these is love. ~1Corinthians 13: 13 {NIV}

2 comments:

  1. That picture is so cute!
    When I think of Love, i think of all the same things you mentioned :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what? I never thought about replacing the love with "Jesus" before, but it's so true -- afterall, God is Love. Thanks for pointing out the beautiful description of Jesus in 1 Corinthians.

    I've just started listening to Brandon Heath's music and I love it. Wonderful song!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by this little blog of mine! :) I reeeeeally like comments and if you do, it'll make my day! If you comment, I will {most probably!} reply with a comment of my own :)
Have a wonderful day!