Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Recipe Find

Okay, so the other day I was in the mood for some chocolate chip cookies. But it was late, and when I make cookies, I usually take hours. Sooo...I almost gave up my hope for the yummy goodness.
                                  ...Until I remembered THIS recipe.   
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mug Cake
915 CookieDoughCake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mug Cake

As the name suggests, it's more cake-like than cookie-ish. But I'm fine with that :)
The recipe is pretty versatile, I think, so you can add other ingredients like vanilla extract, cocoa powder, cinnamon, or peanut butter. :)
It's really quick, and while it's not the best cake in the world, it'll satisfy your sweet tooth. :)
Tips: 

  • Make sure the butter is really soft, or else you won't be able to mix it well.
  • Also make sure you mix the butter in evenly, and make sure there isn't much near the top.  I didn't, and it ended up with a small pool of butter on top. :P
  • You should probably add at least a pinch of salt to it, it somehow works with the flour to make it turn out better, and it even improves the taste of the chocolate! :)
  • If you want to add cocoa powder, I would advise measuring the flour into a separate bowl, taking out a tablespoon or so of flour, and adding in a tablespoon {or the same amount as you took out of the flour} of cocoa powder. Then mix it up and add it to the rest! :)
  • I would also advise that you add vanilla extractb. 'Cause vanilla makes everything better, right?
  • If you want to make peppermint flavor, just add a splash of peppermint extract instead of vanilla. {Though make sure it says Peppermint and not just Mint or Spearmint.}
  • Oh, and also, this makes a pretty big peice of cake, it'll fill up a medium sized mug. So, you might want to share it with someone :)
Have a good day, girls, and make sure to try this!

3 comments:

  1. Cookie baking is on the agenda for tomorrow but I am not a big decorator for the sugar cookies, so that is not my most favorite activity. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing!!!

    http://joannadell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping by this little blog of mine! :) I reeeeeally like comments and if you do, it'll make my day! If you comment, I will {most probably!} reply with a comment of my own :)
Have a wonderful day!